* Hi there! A blog just for my own pleasure and hopefully yours as well. I love music and it's an important part of my life. This is a survey of all the records i have. In involuntary order. From modern classic to rock to industrial and all in between. I show the sleeves and 2 favourite tracks of the record. Enjoy! *


Monday, July 26, 2010

Henry Cow * In praise of learning

The Henry Cow sleeves are well known for their knitted plastic socks upon it. This record is brought in by my love Des Orient. Because of his taste of music i learned to enjoy this kind of music as well. Labelled as avantgarde, prog rock..... This is not a record you just play meanwhile doing other things. Therefore is the music too complex and too extand. The very intense voice of Dagmar Krause also forces you to listen. I like very much the influences of Fred Frith in this music. I think he's a genius and i just love his music, most he has done.
Here you can listen to the first song of the album and to the last song.

ART IS NOT A MIRROR - IT IS A HAMMER - JOHN GRIERSON





HENRY COW * In Praise of learning
* Virgin Records 1975

I. WAR
II. LIVING IN THE HEART OF THE BEAST
III. BEGINNING: THE LONG MARCH
VI. BEAUTIFUL AS THE MOON. TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY WITH BANNERS
V. MORNING STAR

Henry Cow are: Tim Hodgkinson, Fred frith, John Greaves, Chris Cutler, Dagmag Krause, Peter Blegvad, Anthony Moore, Lindsay Cooper
For more information Google Henry Cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rock me baby, leave a message! ;-)